Saturday, April 13, 2013

3-D to 2-D

3D to 2D Assignment

Take photos of all the work you completed for this class. Select an image(s) to use for this assignment.  Manipulate an image(s), to create an entirely new image. Post the final solution on your Design II blog.  You do not have to print out the image.  The post is due during final exam day and time.

DO NOT use a documentation photo of your work.  The image has to be manipulated (either on the computer or by hand and then scanned in).  The final solution does not have to represent the original sculpture.

You can manipulate image(s) any way you choose. You can use photoshop, add music, add movement with animation of video. Other options don't involve the computer. For instance, you can cut and paste by hand, draw on image(s), incorporate sewing or paper cutting techniques. You can then scan the image and post the scan on your blog.

I am looking for thoughtful solutions that demonstrate effort and an awareness of the elements and principles of design.

Final Project

Basing this off of one of my sketches created about my mask (the rainbow one) I wanted to capture that in another aspect by using parts of my photos and a drawing and combining them together in a 2D form. By making all the figures black and white in that photo and using a rainbow to point out my true mask, I had decided to use inverse figures like the black and white ones and surround them around a figure created of nothing but splatter rainbow paint. It almost reminds me of hieroglyphics in ancient Egypt. To do this, I took one of my favorite mask photos and took the bulls head from my sketch and used the magnetic lasso tool in Photoshop to combine them together.  Next I made that into a layer on top of my splatter paint layer and inversed it and then let go to make the splatter paint figure. Then I had copied and pasted the inverse figures around it and added old paper into the background. This was not that difficult since I have done it before and so it took me about 30 minutes since I had to remember each step. I had a lot of fun creating this and wanted it to stand out like most of my work has this semester. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment